Tuesday, September 19, 2017

When it rains it pours! Just when I thought surgery was done with.

         Hello friends,I am just totally drained. 
As you know Ariel had surgery last Thursday at U.W. to replace the battery for her Vagus Nerve Stimulator.
That was a pretty traumatic experience and while many of the nurses were great, I was not happy with some of the doctors.
Anyway she was finally recovering at home,I actually took my boy Michael out to a play in Issaquah.
 Ariel's daddy stayed home and watched her.
Dumb me had bought the tickets completely forgetting about her surgery,because the plan was to take Ariel to see the play.
I promised her I will take her to see it when she's feeling better.I believe it goes for a few more months.
 
The sets and costumes were just amazing,not to mention the singing.
 
      I would love to see Fiddler on the roof here.
 
The little town where the theatre is at is so cute and charming.So much nicer than dealing with the Seattle mess.
We had a good time walking around town getting latte's and eating Mexican food.It was a fun day with my boy.
The next day was pretty busy with church and Daniel's hockey game.I was pretty worn out by the end of the night and kept thinking this week I'm doing a whole bunch of nothing and will thoroughly love every minute of it.

 
 I think I jinxed myself not that I really believe in such things,because not five minutes later Ariel told me her tummy was hurting she lifted up her shirt and out came her G/J tube.
I just couldn't believe it 
I had just gotten ready for bed.Knowing the G/J or any tube hole can close up fairly quickly I rushed her to the E.R.
That was a whole other traumatic experience for her.
There were no beds available so on the hallway bed they proceeded to jam a tube in her.
Ariel was so upset blood was squirting out and it just hurt.
You would think they would at least numb the area or something.
Anyway they got one in and the next morning I called her G.I. and they set her up for emergency surgery at Overlake Hospital.
The staff at Overlake are so wonderful I just love them.
They are super kind and compassionate and take in all of Ariel's complex issues.
They told me she will have anesthesia and will not change out her tube without her being totally asleep.
It was so nice having people that listen.The nurses and doctors were so kind and compassionate.They were like whatever she needs need we will do.
Thankfully they got an I.V. in the first try.
The doctor told me it would take ten minutes to put the tube in.
So I waited and waited and waited.I was getting a bit concerned when an hour and forty five minutes passed.The nurse came in and told me she was in recovery.
After an hour in recovery she came back to the room.
She was hurting pretty bad. They very quickly gave her something for pain.Quite a difference from the last hospital we were at.After an hour we finally got to go home.
She's resting now.
Hopefully there will be no more issues and we actually can get a break.
I do know that if she has any issues with her tube again we will just go to Overlake.


1 comment: