Thursday, October 6, 2016

The love of hockey.

How did we absolutely fall in love with hockey? 
Well as a mom of three kiddo's with pretty significant health issues I'm always looking for something for them to do.
We do our volunteer work at the zoo and we still really love that and continue to do as much as we can there.  
Anyway in an email I was sent a list of things to do around the sound and came across a Thunderbirds hockey game.
We went in October of last year and were absolutely hooked.
I feel hockey is such an underappreciated sport.


I love this quote by Brendan Shanahan
"Is hockey hard ? I don't know,you tell me.We need to have the strength and power of a football player,the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon.
But we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold slippery surface while five other guys use clubs to try and kill us.
Oh yeah,did I mention that this whole time were standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick? 
Is ice hockey hard? I don't know,you tell me.Next question."


I love the speed of the sport it's so fast moving.
I admit I also like the fighting.That's part of the fun of hockey.
We fell in love with hockey so much that we all started learning to ice skate.
I've taken Ariel to Disney on ice every year and have always wanted to learn to skate.
My hubby tells me it's the Russian in my veins that likes the ice, lol! 
Maybe,ice skating is tons of fun.



So we continue to love the sport and love being involved in many aspects of it and probably will for a very long time. 

A video that I made while back dedicated to The Seattle Thunderbirds.








Also by Brendan Shanahan
 "There is no such thing as a non-hockey fan,only those who have yet to let the light of hockey shine unto their hearts."

No comments:

Post a Comment