Monday, November 7, 2011

Delectible fried chicken.

There's something so nice and comforting about a southern meal,complete with fried chicken,mashed potatoes,biscuits and gravy.Heat vegetable oil to 350 in an electric fryer or skillet.

             
Drop chicken pieces in milk,buttermilk or egg and then in flour.                                         
I season my flour with pepper,garlic powder and seasoning salt as well as put it on the chicken after it's in the pan.                                            



Cook until crisp and done on the inside about 45 minutes.


I use the drippings in the pan to make gravy.Drain a good portion of the oil.To this I add a cup and a half of milk and about 1/8 of a cup of corn starch.I also add the same seasonings I used for the chicken.

Pour over mashed potatoes,noodles or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment