Monday, October 10, 2011

Perfect Pot Roast.

That is what I made for dinner last night.

Start off by cooking onions in a skillet until they are translucent.(sp?) You can either cook them in oil or butter.Then add your roast cooking it on med/high.

Cook the roast until it has a nice sear on both sides.
Then take several cups of water and fill your pot 1/2 to 3/4 full.
To this I add 2 packets of Lipton onion soup mix,garlic salt or powder,seasoning salt and pepper.

Along with some peeled and chopped carrots.
Cook roast at 350 for 3-5 hours,depending on the size of the roast.I cook mine until it's falling apart.


Serve with mashed potatoes or rice and rolls.Use the drippings to make gravy.


                                                                     Enjoy!


I will be using the left over gravy to make a stew or soup.Just add beef,noodles and vegetables.

(Not really sure why my font came out all different as I used the same one for the whole post,must be a glitch)

No comments:

Post a Comment