Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Trusting in The Lord and fiery darts from the devil.

Hello friends,Well yesterday was not a good day.It was one of those days,where everything that could go wrong did.I'm sure you've all had those kind of days.

We have been under a lot of stress and strain lately.Financial,medical,family issues you name it.I'm sure most of you can relate to the financial issues.There aren't too many people that haven't been affected by the economy,but when you add medical bills,co-pays,prescriptions,the price of gas going to and from appointments, it can certainly empty your wallet quickly and bring a lot of financial strain and pressure.
 Not to mention the stress of seeing your child(ren) fight medical affliction all the time.One of the things that I noticed Satan loves to do when you're all flustered and stressed is to add his fiery darts, to hopefully push you over the edge and to take your focus off of God and trusting in him.
I had so many stresses yesterday and  then to top it off I get  a very accusatory phone call from a family member.It was like one of those fiery darts going right through my heart ,to think this person would think so little of me as to accuse me of something so ridiculous, it really broke my heart,especially since they know me better than that.  
   John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.


Satan's sole purpose in life is to Steal,Kill and Destroy.                                                  



So if he can Steal your joy,your faith in God your happiness,then he's done his job.

If he can Kill your physical body,your will to live,your reason for life,then he's done his job.

If he can Destroy your family,your home,your trust,your faith,then he's done his job.



The key to remember is
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

 The person that called me yesterday was being used as a tool of Satan to get my focus off of God.Satan is very crafty that way.He will use those that matter to you most to hurt you, and to take your focus away from where it should be.


 I'll admit when it happened I didn't do what I should have done ,which was to drop everything and pray for that person and the situation,instead I got angry,hurt and bitter.

 It was bad for me and a bad example for my children.It's like Paul says in

 Romans 7:14
14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.  
                                       

It seems like I'm constantly wrestling with myself,or my flesh.
The things I want to do and know I should do, I don't do, and the things that I want to restrain from,those are the things I always find myself doing.It's like a giant tug o' war.
The thing to remember is Jesus says in John 10:10: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.


Jesus wants to give you abundant life,which is also a joyful life.


Finally remember and this is a huge reminder to myself as well.                                      


Jesus says in Matthew 6:25:

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?


26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?


28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.


30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.


I pray that God will help me to remember these things.Today,tomorrow and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment